Magemanda from the blog Floor to Ceiling Books is spearheading a Speculative Fiction Reading Challenge, where participants read and review at least 12 speculative fiction books over the course of 2011. To learn more about the challenge, go here. I first heard about the challenge from follower KB Lawrence *waves*.
- Margaret Atwood’s Oryk and Crake
- Scott Westerfield’s The Uglies (and The Pretties, The Specials, and The Extras)
- M.T. Anderson’s Feed
- Neil Gaiman’s American Gods
- Geoff Ryman’s Air, or Have Not Have
- Robert Charles Wilson’s Spin
- China Miéville’s The City and the City
If anyone has any female spec fic writers (besides Atwood and LeGuin) they can recommend, please do so in the comments.
Want to join in but not sure where to get started? Check out iO9’s 10 Recent Science Fiction Novels Which Make Great Gifts.