I was bestowed two blogging awards last week thanks to Laura Marcella of Wavy Lines and L. Blankenship of Notes from the Jovian Frontier. I meant to post this on Friday, but life got in the way as it is wont to do. Anyway, here we go.
Laura gave me the 7 x 7 Link Award. Laura posts writing prompts, inspiring quotes, and other factoids that help keep you motivated. The 7 x 7 award asks the winner to sort through old posts that match the criteria below. Kinda like digital archeology. Thanks, Laura!
MOST BEAUTIFUL: Anatomy of a Story – Not beautiful in a traditional sense, but it was one of my better early posts and the ideas I put forth in the post still resonate with me.
MOST POPULAR: Best of the Best: The Writing Blogosphere’s Major Players – A little dated now, but still has some good resources here.
MOST CONTROVERSIAL: Social Media Guilt – Not controversial per se, but I got a range of comments and have long-term plans to explore this issue in greater detail.
MOST SURPRISINGLY SUCCESSFUL: Coffee Shop Etiquette – Thought this was a silly post at the time, but got tons of traffic (for me).
MOST UNDERRATED: A Case of the Not Enoughs – Still relevant. At times it seems no matter what we do, what we produce, it won’t be enough.
MOST PRIDE-WORTHY: Acknowledging My Fears of Submission – This is particularly poignant as I plan to query my novel (again) later this fall.
L. Blankenship gave me the Versatile Blogger Award. She writes both science fiction and hard fantasy and blogs about writing, with particular attention to worldbuilding. Check her out. For the Versatile Blogger Award, I must share seven facts about myself.
1. The only states I’ve never been to are: Alaska, Hawaii, Oregon, Montana, Idaho, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Utah, Florida, Wisconsin. 39 out of 50 ain’t bad.
2. My parents took my sister and me to Paris and London for a two-week vacation while I was in high school. It was an amazing time. A London cabbie made us blush and we learned that drunken dirty old men in Paris aren’t stereotypes. The only international trip I’ve ever taken (so far).
3. My husband and I never had a proper honeymoon because he was still in grad school. We spent a couple days at my family’s beach house, but that doesn’t really count. So we are saving up to a trip to Peru to see Machu Picchu.
4. I run with my dog at least three times a week and I make her wear these because of the terrain. She’s not a fan of them, but she loves the activity.
5. I hate getting dressed up. Skirts and dresses and suits and dress slacks are the bane of my existence. I’m eternally grateful I never worked in a profession that required business dress all time.
6. I hate bananas. The smell, the taste… gives me the heebie jeebies.
7. I love seafood, but I’m starting feel guilty about it after doing research on overfishing for one of my specfic stories. It doesn’t help that a lot of the tasty fish are labeled as “do not eat” in many guides like this one.
Thanks again to Laura and L. for the blog awards! Happy Writing!