From the back jacket copy:
Twenty-two authors explore themes related to complications of booms and bubbles, including effects of accelerated culture; ecological consequences caused by human over-expansion, such as climate disasters; and economics (for example, monopolies on resources and commodities).
Table of Contents:
- Past the Projections by James Tager
- Down on the Klondike by David Cleden
- Sunrunner by Robert Bagnall
- Moving On by Andrew Wright
- To Vanquish Other Blooms by Tim Borella
- Showdown at Sueño Hueco by Wulf Moon
- Reassessed Value by David Hankins
- Amphibios by Julie Biegner
- Earth’s Last Immortals by Erin Cullen
- Last Light in the Dark by Shannon Fox
- Live from the Troll Factory by Edward Barnfield
- The Front of the Pack by Lauren C. Teffeau
- Last Bite at the Klondike by Liam Hogan
- All Our Signs Align by Eve Morton
- Facing Reality by Yelena Crane
- Unwinding the Clock by Brandon Case
- The Last of the Gen Xers by Angelique Fawns
- Currency Change Announcement by Elizabeth Davis
- Amore for Life by Cray Dimensional
- Genie in a PET Bottle by Daniel M. Cojocaru
- Goldberry by Tom Easton and Jeff Hecht
I wrote “The Front of the Pack” for a flash challenge a couple years back and could never quite figure out what to do with a story depicting a tense exchange between a government agent and a man running a clearinghouse for illegal research that the political climate has all but condemned, to society’s detriment. This was around the same time I was writing Implanted, so the story is flavored with espionage tropes as well as some of my hang-ups from working as an academic researcher for a number of years. Let’s just say it’s a story that could only be at home in this collection, and I’m so glad that editor Juliana Rew and the rest of the team at Third Flatiron agreed as well!
Be sure to check out my Pinterest board for more of my story inspiration.
You can purchase the whole anthology from Amazon.