I’m happy to announce I have a story reprinted in the latest volume of tdotspec‘s series Strange Concepts: Big Ideas Explored through Speculative Fiction. tdotspec is a Canadian publisher of speculative fiction and were great to work with. Strange Religion: Speculative Fiction of Spirituality, Belief, & Practice is now available on Amazon in print and ebook for your reading pleasure.
My story “The Life that Comes After” was originally published in the now-defunct The Ginger Collect magazine, and I’m glad the story has found another home in this anthology. In some ways the story is very personal, in others not so much, but it means a lot to have it included in this anthology. To get a sense of the vibe of this story, you can check out my inspiration board on Pinterest.
Here are the other contributors, and I’m looking forward to reading them all:
- “Al-Muftiyah,” by Jibril Stevenson
- “Samsara,” by J. A. Legg
- “Shattered Vessels,” by Robert B. Finegold and Kary English
- “The Gods Also Duel,” by Andrew Majors
- “Father Jake’s Teen Demon Prevention Lesson,” by Brenna Harvey
- “They Smile,” by Nicki Vardon
- “Jizo Rides the Bus,” by Karl Dandenell
- “Irwin and Roskwin Make a Discovery of Universal Importance,” by Terryl M. Asla
- “The Rebbetzin Speaks,” by Daniel M. Kimmel
- “The Devil is a Shape in the Brain,” by Joachim Glage
- “The Man Who Misused His Manhood,” by Chukwu Sunday Abel
- “Bio-Mass,” by Mike Adamson
- “Deep Play,” by Andy Dibble
- “The Life That Comes After,” by Lauren C. Teffeau
- “Fate and Other Variables,” by Alex Shvartsman
- “The Other War on Terror,” by Michael H. Hanson
- “Dying Rivers and Broken Hearts,” by Gabriella Buba
- “*lr*d,” by Doug Hawley
- “The Fireflies of Todaji,” by Russell Hemmell
- “Before the Evolution Comes the Smoke,” by Terri Bruce
Be sure to check it out, and happy reading!